RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shell donations

5 posters

Go down

Shell donations Empty Shell donations

Post  misty02 Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Got my Shell drivers club rewards statement today.  
Looked on the page on how to redeem points and found that for every 20 points you receive they will donate 10p to your choice from 3 charities, one of which is that shower of shit.
I have just emailed Shell to tell them that I shall never buy fuel from them again and maybe they should do a bit more research before supporting them.  Also mentioned that there are thousands more that feel the same way as me and I shall be putting the word out so they can boycott them too Very Happy

misty02

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty Re: Shell donations

Post  Admin Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm

For those that don`t use the Shell points system this is what Shell are advertising and donating to.

The RSPCA is the world’s oldest and best-known animal welfare organisation.  Established in 1824 with the aim of promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to all animals, the RSPCA works tirelessly to educate the general public about responsible pet ownership, campaigns for social and legal reform and continues to rescue, treat and re-home thousands of needy animals every year.
Registered in England and Wales Charity No: 219099

We can use Shell, Esso or Total for our works vans so i`ll be changing while they continue to support the RSPCA.
I have now voiced my own opinion to Shell.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty Shell Donations

Post  Trilby Bee Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:36 am

R--otten   S--hysters  P--ocketing  C--ash  A--gain.

Well, Misty and Admin, there was a site on Yahoo asking 'have RSPCA lost their way?' and you cannot believe the number of people who replied and agreed with US...no support whatsoever. So I think the message is slowly getting out. Fingers crossed!! Unfortunately, many of the BIG businesses still seem to think it's good for their corporate 'image' to be seen to support them. If enough people complain to Shell they may replace them with another Charity. The thing is, though, all the big charities are loaded, spend too much on overheads  and pay their executives far too much; it's the small charities that are struggling.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am

Trilby Bee wrote:
  R--otten   S--hysters  P--ocketing  C--ash  A--gain.

Well, Misty and Admin, there was a site on Yahoo asking 'have RSPCA lost their way?' and you cannot believe the number of people who replied and agreed with US...no support whatsoever. So I think the message is slowly getting out. Fingers crossed!! Unfortunately, many of the BIG businesses still seem to think it's good for their corporate 'image' to be seen to support them. If enough people complain to Shell they may replace them with another Charity. The thing is, though, all the big charities are loaded, spend too much on overheads  and pay their executives far too much; it's the small charities that are struggling.
You`re definately right in saying the message is getting through slowly but surely.
I think the saying `The more they have the more they want` is very true.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 am

Let's hope they get more than what they bargained for

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:29 pm

misty02 wrote:Let's hope they get more than what they bargained for
Have you had a reply yet cause i haven`t. Suspect 
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:59 pm

No. Shows you how much they value their (ex) customers

misty02

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty shell donations

Post  moonstone Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:09 pm

I wasn't aware of this so thanks for the info:) i know Pets at Home give donations to the Nazis:evil: i don't go in there often BUt alway's make sure that i tell them that i do NOT ant my money given to that bunch of thugs:evil: usually the sales people agree with me and have their own horror stories about them Shocked i make sure that i spread the word about rspca so that they know how awful they are:) every little helps.

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:48 pm

moonstone wrote:I wasn't aware of this so thanks for the info:) i know Pets at Home give donations to the Nazis:evil: i don't go in there often BUt alway's make sure that i tell them that i do NOT ant my money given to that bunch of thugs:evil: usually the sales people agree with me and have their own horror stories about them Shocked i make sure that i spread the word about rspca so that they know how awful they are:) every little helps.
I hadn`t realised that Shell were supporting them until Misty pointed it out. Must have had my blinkers on!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty Pets @ Home

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 pm

moonstone wrote:I wasn't aware of this so thanks for the info:) i know Pets at Home give donations to the Nazis:evil: i don't go in there often BUt alway's make sure that i tell them that i do NOT ant my money given to that bunch of thugs:evil: usually the sales people agree with me and have their own horror stories about them Shocked i make sure that i spread the word about rspca so that they know how awful they are:) every little helps.
A friend of mine works part-time for Pets@Home to pay for her Shetlands, and she has never mentioned that...and she hates them as much as you and I do. I will ask her if this is happening and if you can 'opt out' at the checkout. I used to have an RSPCA credit card (MBNA) which donated every time I used it; I destroyed it. I don't go in there as she gets me stuff with a staff discount ... cat litter and the like. The one thing she did inform me of was a year ago they received a directive from the Gestapo to say that customers could no longer advertise pets on their notice board unless they were free. They were not allowed to sell them. I explained to her that FREEBIES will always be snapped up then dumped/used for dog bait etc etc. But if you advertise a litter of kittens at Pets@Home, even if you have had them vaccinated at some cost, R$PCA says they have to be free, which is really hypocritical as I believe their adoption charges are totally high. Also, people can advertise in Loot/Gumtree/shop windows. Are the Gestapo going to get a squad of uniformed Nazis going round with cameras (paid for by the public) taking pix of every advert they see...taking screenshots of Gumtree etc. I would hate to think I was paying for something...petrol/pet insurance/cat food,etc and a percentage  was going to them.
I had a mega-huge pet insurance claim this year for my Romanian orphan cat, Gatsby (£3.5k)...and shortly afterwards I got the begging letter from Gavin (you cannot put a price on justice) Grant. I'm not saying there was a connection, but.......Wink You get my drift!! And Moonstone, you are spot on. Every little helps, indeed it does!Very Happy
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 am

Got a reply today from 'Danny' from their Customer Service Dept:

Thank you for you correspondence regarding the Shell Drivers Club.

We are sorry to hear that you no longer wish to be a member of the Shell Drivers Club.

Should you want to close your account please confirm your date of birth and postcode for security reasons.

We can confirm that the RSPCA is one of three charitable causes that members can choose to donate their points towards, we also offer Macmillan Cancer Support & Motability.

We have taken the following information regarding the charities from our website.

RSPCA
The rspca is the worlds oldest and best-known animal welfare organisation. Established in 1824 with the aim of promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to all animals, the rspca works tirelessly to educate the general public about responsible pet ownership, campaigns for social & legal reform and continues to rescue, treat & re-home thousands of needy animals every year.

(Then gives details of other 2 charities)

I intend to sleep on it then put together an email that hopefully will educate Danny about that mob. Especially put him straight as to what happens to a large percentage of the animals that are unfortunate to end up in their 'care'.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty Shell Points

Post  Trilby Bee Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:51 am

Well done Misty. You must have written them quite an email/letter for them to bother replying methinks. But I also wonder if they got so many comments/complaints that they thought they had better do something about it? Very Happy 
I'd opt for the Cancer Macmillan (if you decide to stay with them) as one hears only praise about them. Wonder why they assumed you wanted to donate to the Gestapo?
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I agree IF I stayed with them would choose Macmillan. They hadn't assumed I wanted to donate to the other lot but I just voiced my objection to them even choosing them to be included in their charitable donations as I don't wish my hard earned money to subsidise 'Mr' Grants massively inflated salary.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty S hell donations

Post  moonstone Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Well done Misty02:) what makes me really angry is that they still maintain that they help homeless pets:shock: when they stopped taking in strays several years ago:evil: WHY has this not got the publicity it deserves? rspca is just another poor political party not an animal welfare charity and the lovely Gavin Grant is using it for his own purposes as he FAILED to be elected as a lib dem candidate so is living his dreams through using animals:evil: 
I saw an ad for them on tv the other day (you probably know the one) where the poor homeless dog is sitting in the rain and along comes a nice inspector to save him and tuck him up in a warm kennel lol:lol: made me feel sick to watch it..they should tell the truth (if they can remember what that is) and admit that they would leave the dog to die or pts themselves rather than spend any of their profits on saving him.

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 pm

I have received a reply from Shell.
It is absolutely meaningless so i reiterated my stance.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty other organisations

Post  millie1* Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:21 am

need to look at Tesco and their insurance arm - not only do they promote a donation, the cruelty number is the first on the list of their helpful numbers in the local area - even above the NHS helpline! They also now stock RSPCA pet food, I am sure their are many organisations out their giving these people money - can someone check on the Animal insurance company based in Amesbury that state they defnitly give a percentage of their profits to animal charities?

millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:17 pm

I think the Tesco one has been mentioned before but The Animal Friends Insurance Company in Amesbury doesn`t mention the RSPCA on its site but it does support the SSPCA and the USPCA (Ulster)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:30 pm

MILLIE hi...

Animal Friends are at:

Animal Friends Insurance Services Ltd
1, The Crescent,
Sunrise Way
Amesbury
Wilts SP4 7QA

I posted here not long ago that I used them in April/May this year and within a couple of weeks of being paid out by therm, I got the begging letter from Gavin 'you cannot put a price on justice' Grant. I did mention, casually, that I had to wonder if there was a connection between using them and receiving the begging letter. It seemed a bit suss to me that I insure with AF, make a claim, and within a couple of weeks I get the letter. They paid me in May, Gavin Grant wrote to me in June. However, I receive newsletters from Animal Friends and they do not mention RSPCA...altho they do mention some other causes...puppy farming etc.

Last year, 2012, I was paid out by Tesco and received no begging letter from RSPCA. We have very two large Tescos near me (west London) and neither stocks their pet food as far as I can see. Surprised 

Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Dear Danny

Thank you for your reply to my previous email.

I confirm my dob & postcode...

Regarding the information on the r$pca from your website I must point out the misleading quote that the r$pca 'continues to rescue, treat and re-home thousands of needy animals every year'. I can only surmise that this was taken from a very outdated website.

Perhaps when you have time you could take a look at the following:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do hope the r$pca have given Shell permission to put their 'trademark' on the Drivers Club website, would hate to see you have to pay them even more money.

Once again, thank you for pointing out your support of that company (no, I haven't mis-typed) and may I respectfully suggest that Shell replaces them with a proper charity that actually puts their donations to good use instead of subsidising high salaries and politically motivated campaigns and prosecutions. Until such time they are removed I will no longer count myself as a Shell customer.

Regards

misty02

Back to top Go down

Shell donations Empty Shell Points

Post  Trilby Bee Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Excellent Misty, great letter/email!! Well done, it really hits the nail on the head and the more people know about them, the more likely they are to disappear in less than the ten years mentioned on Admin's thread. I will be interested to know what happens.Smile 
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down