RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the annals of standard bureaucratic behaviour we bring you the RSPCA

2 posters

Go down

From the annals of standard bureaucratic behaviour we bring you the RSPCA Empty From the annals of standard bureaucratic behaviour we bring you the RSPCA

Post  Admin Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Written by Tim Worstall | Monday 30 December 2013.

It is most politically incorrect to attack the RSPCA: after all, they're the guardians of those animals that we English treat so much better than our own children. But I'm afraid that it does have to be done. For we're now seeing standard bureaucratic behaviour from said RSPCA, something straight out of C. Northcote Parkinson:

Pet owners should be forced to join a register, buy a licence and pass a competence test to help tackle the abuse of animals, the RSPCA’s chief vet has suggested. James Yeates said the introduction of such measures would “make it clear” that owning a pet was a “privilege and a responsibility”.

A privilege that you'll only be abe to enjoy if the RSPCA approves of both you and your pet no doubt.

And yes, I know, the organisation is claiming that this isn't quite what anyone means but then we've all seen kite flying of this type before. Further, we know absolutely that any such licence scheme would be a costly monstrosity. We used to have dog licences and the system cost far more to administer than any revenue that came from it.

But the real point comes from what this suggestion tells us about those inside the RSPCA. They're a bureaucracy just doing what bureaucracies do. Which is, as Parkinson pointed out to us, simply exist for the sake of existing. Once established, once past that first flush of success in addressing whatever it is, the point and purpose of a bureaucracy is simply to maintain its own existence and, if possible, expand the budget and size of it. And that's it.

Which is precisely what the RSPCA is doing here. There is no point or purpose to licencing all of the nations pets other than to give the RSPCA something to do. Which is why they have suggested it.

And, of course, why we should tell them where they can get off and the horse they rode in on.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

From the annals of standard bureaucratic behaviour we bring you the RSPCA Empty FROM THE ANNALS OF STANDARD BUREAUCRATIC BEHAVIOUR, WE BRING YOU THE RSPCA

Post  Trilby Bee Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:31 pm

A competence test?? What the...ROFL?  the so-called 'Inspector' (accompanied by a WHW thicko) both referred to my mare as 'he' until I corrected them. How competent is that?
A privilege that you'll only be able to enjoy if the RSPCA approves of both you and your pet no doubt.
Assuming that they do not approve of you (RSPCA will not even rehome a cat to a flat without garden, even tho' it has a deficient immune system and vet has recommended that it should be an indoor cat to prevent it coming in contact with other cats and acquiring, or passing on, infections)...what then? What happens to the cat which is being kept, fit and healthy and happy as it is, in 'unsuitable conditions'?  We all know the answer to that. They are just trying to justify their miserable existence again. And just of interest, how much of their donated millions will be spent on attempting to police this bonkers system?
I have thought for some time that the only animals they approve of are in zoos and the like where they can visit and snoop and pry and find fault.
They make me sick.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down