RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case.

2 posters

Go down

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case. Empty RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case.

Post  Admin Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 am

Heythrop Hunt was fined £4.000 plus £15.000 costs. The RSPCA spend £380.000 on bringing the case to court.
Was it all worth it? Foxhunting with hounds is illegal but even the judge criticised the amount of donated money that was spent on the case.
Your thoughts??
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case. Empty RSPCA v Heythrop

Post  Trilby Bee Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 am

Well, I am personally anti hunt myself; I find it quite repulsive. However, I also find it quite obscene to spend that amount of donated money on the case. I don't know how we can get the message to people that any money you give them, any property you will to them will not be spent on the welfare of animals but on their own whopping great egos. As the illegal hunting was in blatant defiance of the law, surely the CPS would have taken it on? Saying that, I do not know much about the legal system in this country, but I DO know that the RSPCA lawyers (and their "expert witness" greedy vets and farriers) charge absolutely staggering amounts. Their lawyers in the past have charged £175 an hour and to rub salt in the wound charge the same for travelling (as though their expertise were being used while they are sitting on a train doing a crossword). By now I guess the £175 an hour has gone up - inflation and all that. Incidentally, Moonstone tried to get RSPCA out to a sick vixen and was told they did not concern themselves with foxes (so why spend a third of a million on a case to do with foxes?) and she had to contact a wildlife organisation. Rolling Eyes
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case. Empty Re: RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case.

Post  Admin Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 pm

By posting this i`m not condoning fox hunting with hounds but if they have the capabilities to bring prosecutions and become an enforcement agency then surely they should loose their charity status?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case. Empty RSPCA v Heythrop

Post  Trilby Bee Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm

You will no doubt appreciate this quote from the Guardian (damage limitation article by Gavin Grant, CEO RSPCA) when trying to condone the eye-wateringly staggering amount spent on the Heythrop trial: "You cannot put a price on justice". Whaaaaaaat? Help me Dear God, now I have heard it all. Apparently the cost of the case had been estimated at nearer to a million.So that's great, they only spent a third of a million of public donations. Presumably pleading guilty cut down the length of time hence reduction in costs. Grant accepts that some people will be "upset" that so much money was wasted but said if the Heythrop had not insisted on breaking the law, they could have saved the expense and not had to spend a third of a million...Is this guy for real or what? Tell you what, if my mother had bequeathed her house to them, value £300 k and I heard that it had been wasted in this way, I would be inconsolable. Don't get me wrong, I do not support hunting. At my yard we had a couple of "mock hunts" every season and we enjoyed them...great fun. But this Grant is only interested in prosecutions, and to be honest, what do you think this one gained? NOTHING. Or..? Well, in fact there IS one positive aspect to this case: it has brought to many thousands of people's attention the fact that the RSPCA does not put any value on the money which genuine animal lovers donate to them, the millions they acquire year after year. I foster for a local charity and just received a Christmas e-card from them; they are not posting cards this year as they wish to save money at the end of a year which has been their most difficult everfinancially, with unprecedented numbers of animals to care for. £300k would be a godsend to them. it would be like winning the Lottery.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

RSPCA spend £300.000 on hunt case. Empty People Are Getting Wise...Is This Article A Backlash To The Heythrop Scandal?

Post  Trilby Bee Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the RSPCA has shot themselves in the foot with the Heythrop case, articles such as this are popping up, people who USED to work for them saying they gave up because of their ethics...or lack of. The case did nothing as far as I can see to their advantage and there were hundreds of people out hunting (surprise surprise) on Boxing Day. So many people now saying that they are spending so much on prosecutions that they have nothing left to spend on the animals for which they are supposed to care.
The more articles such as this are published, the more support theRSPCA will LOSE and the more will be given to the small rescues who really do care and for whom even £1000 would be valued as food for x cats and y dogs, rather than 6 hours ' legal fees for some money-grabbing shyster of a lawyer; or an examination by some greedy vet who will write a report saying exactly what the RSPCA wants in order to get a conviction. Evil or Very Mad
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am

We can only help them along by making their wrong doings public...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down