RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fight must go on.....................

3 posters

Go down

The fight must go on..................... Empty The fight must go on.....................

Post  Candcane Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Well, that's the first trial over and done with and yes, you guessed correctly. The Judge was totally with the RSPCA and even put words into the mouths of some of the witnesses! I don't say this because I'm angry. I'm someone who tells it exactly how it is.

They tried to put 13 charges against me. One was withdrawn and six found not guilty, however I was found guilty of the other six charges.

From start to finish, the Judge's body language was very unwelcoming toward both myself and Nigel Weller. The Judge constantly kept looking over at the RSPCA Officers and smirking on occasions.
The RSPCA tried to accuse me of having a pony with overgrown feet and severe lameness, however a second Vet examined it just two days later and made no note of any lameness or overgrown hooves. You'll note that the hooves were cut back by a farrier some FOUR WEEKS later. That charge got thrown out.

They also said that a mare had Herpes, but again it was thrown out, but all note that the very same mare was served by a stallion whilst in the care of the RSPCA and is due to foal this month  Shocked 

There's so much to tell you all, but I am very bad at putting things down in words, so please feel free to question.

I was given two hundred hours community service, £10,000 fine, a ten year ban on ALL ANIMALS and ordered that I could not apply to lift the ban for six years. It also made the local papers and my address was published.

Naturally, I will appeal and the fight must go on.

Candcane

Back to top Go down

The fight must go on..................... Empty The Fight Must Go On

Post  Trilby Bee Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:26 pm

So sorry CC...what a bastard. I know exactly what you mean when you say they seem to think the sun shines out of the RSPCA's arses; that was precisely the impression they gave me. On my second visit, I had with me a nice young barrister (as luck would have it he was going to Australia a month later and he was replaced by a moron) and whenever he opened his mouth the magistrates spoke to him as tho he was shit, no joking. But when they had to address the Nazi Party lawyer they were polite and  respectful. And let me tell you this, as an RSPCA victim, they seem to regard you with less respect than a terrorist or a paedophile. That guy who burnt poppies on Remembrance Day got a £50 fine...a bit less than yours, eh?

BUT>>> a huge rant is the fact that they allowed your mare to get pregnant. They have contravened s9 by NOT providing a suitable environment surely? A suitable environment would have been in a field without an entire male. They are the ones who are forever spouting about irresponsible owners letting their horses fall pregnant and how they, the goodly, kind and caring ones are forever rescuing unwanted ponies and horses and all because of irresponsible owners. There is an unprecedented number of horses fly grazing and dumped all over the place.  Get your cat neutered, castrate your dog. This is surely a case of:''Don't do as we do, but do as we tell you.''

Bet you can't wait to write them a cheque for £10k, can you. Very Happy 

How soon do you start to appeal? Straight away? Out of interest, what did NW think of the verdict?
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

The fight must go on..................... Empty Re: The fight must go on.....................

Post  Admin Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:54 am

You have my every sympathy C, you must feel like you`re living in a dream.
Is there an avenue you can go down as regards complaining about the Judge?  It would be interesting to hear  what Nigel Weller thought about the whole episode.
As an aside, recently the CPS has got involved in a case and I wondered if you had considered contacting them?
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The fight must go on..................... Empty Re: The fight must go on.....................

Post  Candcane Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 am

The most awful thing about the case is the fact that it's all over the newspapers. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach!

I have twenty one days from 26th to lodge an appeal. At present I'm completing all the legal aid forms as you have to re apply. Nigel says it's always a risk when appealing, but he agrees that the sentencing was way over the top. Even Colin Vogel, the Expert Vet Witness has said the same.

I spoke to Millie1 yesterday who has said that hopefully, everything could get suspended pending the appeal. At present, I'm not even allowed to walk the family dog without my Husband and not allowed to be in the house alone with the dog and Children - a very difficult situation!

Got to be honest, I don't know how 'm going to get through these next few days. Nigel has warned me that I may get some hate mail etc. I'm purposely not reading the article...............yes, I may have had a pony that was recovering from internal strangles, with a Vets invoice to prove this, and yes, her feet may have needed trimming at some point, but were not massively overgrown, but my biggest bug bear is that the chap who owned the sheep etc lied when giving evidence (which the Judge admitted he picked up on) and got off scott free. He's been a witness for the RSPCA and put on a pedestal! The RSPCA haven't even checked the much heap I told them about where hundreds of sheep were thrown onto.

Really just want to stick my head in the sand, but I know I have to fight  Sad 

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:28 am

Trilby Bee wrote:

BUT>>> a huge rant is the fact that they allowed your mare to get pregnant. They have contravened s9 by NOT providing a suitable environment surely? A suitable environment would have been in a field without an entire male. They are the ones who are forever spouting about irresponsible owners letting their horses fall pregnant and how they, the goodly, kind and caring ones are forever rescuing unwanted ponies and horses and all because of irresponsible owners. There is an unprecedented number of horses fly grazing and dumped all over the place.  Get your cat neutered, castrate your dog. This is surely a case of:''Don't do as we do, but do as we tell you.''

Bet you can't wait to write them a cheque for £10k, can you. Very Happy 

How soon do you start to appeal? Straight away? Out of interest, what did NW think of the verdict?

Yes, a mare who was supposed to have herpes and that had been getting over a very severe illness.

Another thing I wanted to add about the Judge. He looked at my invoices from the Vet and the Vet was called in by RSPCA. The Judge decided that the mare listed on the Invoice may not have been the same mare  Shocked  He asked the Vet if he could be sure it was the same mare. The Vet was honest and told the Judge that daylight was fading fast when he arrived on that evening. It's almost as if the Judge were looking for things to help lean on the side of the RSPCA

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 am

Candcane...my car was written off during my case, and it was as soon as RSPCA got my address. As I thought the RSPCA woman was a bully, I had given my son's address, but he was going away and they had to have an address for me so I had to give my own. A friend of mine who accompanied me on my first visit (my solicitors didn't bother to show up) saw the RSPCA woman writing down my address as fast as possible. The only people there wee court personnel, WHW and RSPCA. Plus my friend and I. That was Wednesday...by the weekend my car was destroyed. I had had the nerve to stand up and say that there were discrepancies (ie lies) on her statement. I tried to work out how she had found out which was my car. I had not used it as I was warned that people who take on the RSPCA get much damage to their property. Then I found out that for £35  RSPCA can access police database and find out what they want. Including car num bers. The police who saw my car (so bad that forensics took photos) said that it was not random vandalism, that I was being intimidated by someone with whom I was in dispute. So who else? Insurance co were a bit suss too, luckily I could prove that car had FSH, I had just had a major service on the car plus new tyres and so was unlikely to have trashed it myself for the insurance money. I would hardly spend £500 on a car then write it off?
So be careful...if you have a garage, make sure your car is locked inside it.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:25 pm

I don't have a vehicle registered in my name, apart from a very old car which is in bits in a locked garage.

I think I may put up a camera because wouldn't it be great if the RSPCA were caught doing something they shouldn't be!

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum