Prosecutions Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecutions Down

Post  Trilby Bee on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This makes a lot of sense, I don't think. A clear rise in animal cruelty, but as we all on this site have noticed, RSPCA keeping a very low profile and not seen to be ''seizing as many animals and prosecuting owners''. They are of course patting themselves on the back and saying this is because the inspectors are doing such an amazingly wonderful job of educating pet owners. No...it is simply because, as we all know, their donations are down, their supporters are down and staff have been cut back as funds are getting low (by RSPCA standards anyway). They are also planning to close two animal hospitals, in my opinion the only decent thing about them. They have cut back on prosecutions because they know that the public have at last seen the light...before everyone had the internet, people had to believe what they saw on TV and what they read, but these days we can see for ourselves the people who have killed themselves (including ex-RSPCA staff) because of their shocking tactics. Gavin Grant retired (supposedly thro' ill health but as I read it, immediately took up in politics).
If animal cruelty has increased, so should the prosecutions, if the prosecutions were fair and honest...which we all know they are not. Evil or Very Mad
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Prosecutions down!

Post  moonstone on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:51 pm

I think this maybe because they just do not bother with animals anymore...they have a dreadful record in my area and the word is always "whatever you do do not call rspca" if you do call them they will not respond Evil or Very Mad
A gypsy colt foal was found recently lying in the road which they refused to come out to Crying or Very sad it was left to a local horse charity to rescue him Laughing gypsy horses are a big problem here but one which they don't bother with Evil or Very Mad as the local inspector told me "they don't go out to gypsy camps as it's too dangerous" yet they will still prosecute a pensioner for her cat having fleas Wink
A cat was found recently and taken to the vets who called rspca..they took the cat said there was nothing that they could do for it and put him back where he was found Rolling Eyes the woman who found him was furious as she had planned to home him if his owner wasn't found and as the cat was ill and very thin he obviously did need treatment but she never found him again so he is still out there if he is still alive now Crying or Very sad that's how much they care for pets Twisted Evil

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Prosecutions Down

Post  Trilby Bee on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 pm

How right you are moonstone...I cannot count the times I have seen ads for ''found cats'' (Gumtree etc) and they say 'if I can't find him a home I'll have to take him to a rescue''. If I read that I ALWAYS email and say: ''Be sure it is not the R$PCA as they kill strays which are handed in.'' Quite often I get the reply ''yes, that's what someone else told me'' or: ''Thank you so much for letting me know...I had no idea.''
And too true they will not take on travellers and gypsies...hence the reason that by the time they got to Jamie Gray (Spindles Farm) there were about 70 dead horses...hundreds of phone calls had been made over a couple of years and many of those horses could/should have been saved if R$PCA had acted on them. But then when they did eventually turn up (with backing from horse charities) they acted as tho they were the saviours of the horse world. It was a great money-spinner, high profile, pictures of dead and half-dead horses and ponies in the papers. Within a month of the ban, Gray junior was photographed at a horse market loading horses into a lorry, still horse-dealing. You couldn't make it up.
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Prosecutions down!

Post  moonstone on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:51 pm

How true that is Shocked The Grays were not bothered about the condition of their horses as they were to be shipped to France for meat Shocked they bought poor condition horses for a few pounds and then sold them on to be shipped where they were worth £150 to £200 per horse so easy money for them Evil or Very Mad tthen there was the case of "Hope's cause" which is posted on facebook Smile her plight was desperate but the rspca decided that she was ok to be left in disgusting condiitions Crying or Very sad she was spotted By vet Vicki Fowler who rescued her and eventually bought her from her owner ..a local land owner which is why rspca wouldn't interfere as they are the people who donate to them Evil or Very Mad he was later prosecuted and thanks to Vicki the remaining horses rescued with some going to Hillside animal sanctuary..Hope now looks amazing and Vicki rides her (she is a shire)
Then rspca had the cheek to claim (along with pics) that they had rescued Hope! Evil or Very Mad

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Re: Prosecutions Down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum