RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim.

5 posters

Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim.

Post  Admin Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 am

Dean and Diane Webb received death threats and abuse on the internet after the RSPCA raided their rural home and they were charged with cruelty against the cats they bred there.

They were harassed so badly by local people, who accused them of harming animals, that they decided to leave the country. Although they have now returned to Britain, they live more than 100 miles from their original home.

After waiting three years for their trial, the couple were cleared at South Derbyshire magistrates’ court in May but will not have their cats, including Harry, a pedigree Selkirk rex, a Devon rex and British shorthairs, returned.

The case is the latest to highlight concerns over what critics say is a “heavy handed” approach by the charity.

Mr and Mrs Webb, who bred and showed cats, were raided at their Bridge Farm home in Barrow-on-Trent by welfare officers from the RSPCA in February 2010. They seized 33 cats and kittens from their property and three ducks.

The charity did not take other livestock and pets, including 10 dogs, a Shetland pony, goats and chickens.

The charity also obtained a court order under Section 20 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006, which meant that the animals they had seized could be neutered and re-homed while the Webbs were on bail awaiting trial.

The couple are appealing against the order, but are unlikely to have the animals returned, as judges have proven reluctant to move animals from new homes for a second time. Instead they will be compensated if they win their appeal.

Mrs Webb said: “We are animal loving people, but the RSPCA have wrecked our lives. I have nothing but deep loathing for them, and I would advise anyone considering donating to them to think again.

“I used to think charities were there to help people, or in this case animals, but the RSPCA just want to get as many prosecutions under their belt as possible and use the publicity to raise money. They have taken away our animals. Our cats were like our family.”

After the raid they were harassed by locals, and eventually the couple left the smallholding and moved first to Malta, then to France. They now live in Warwickshire.

A spokesman for the RSPCA said: “The RSPCA believes that if it is presented with evidence of offences concerning animal cruelty they should be properly investigated and, if the evidence meets the tests of the code of practice for Crown prosecutors, then consideration will be given to a prosecution.”
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty Couple Flee After RSPCA Lies

Post  Trilby Bee Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 pm

This is all mighty strange...if they were cleared - and it says they were, then I imagine the RSPCA should be obliged to pay them compensation, not that this will get the cats back. And after this length of time, of course, the cats will be (hopefully) happily rehomed...or were they murdered? Of course, if there were pedigree cats amongst the ones 'seized' then they would get a higher rehoming fee for them perhaps? So they would be worth saving. Evil or Very Mad 
One has to assume that, as they did with me, they told LIES on their statements to get these people to court...and because of the stigma attached to animal cruelty (it's as bad as being a paedophile) the neighbours went off the rails. It doesn't take much to inflame the mob mentality. And of course the 'concerned member of the public' as often as not is a neighbour with a grudge.
So I wonder how much that little jaunt cost? Their solicitors (Grade B at that) are now charging £200+ hourly rate. And the same for travelling to court...they must hire a Limousine.
No doubt the owners have been suffering from stress for God knows how long.
Another day, another nightmare for someone. And Gavin Grant has the nerve to write to ME, yes ME, and ask if I have any properties to leave them!! You couldn't make it up. Bet he'll shortly write to Dean and Diane Webb: 'Since last year I've been working in my dream job...As Chief Executive of the RSPCA. ...........your generosity means that the wonderful people who work for the RSPCA (the Gestapo) can be out there every day, stealing and murdering perfectly happy and healthy animals. Getting firemen to peep through old mens' windows, then smashing down their doors...it's frightfully good fun. We terrify people and their pets. Then we kill the animals after promising to rehabilitate and rehome them. Please donate NOW!'Evil or Very Mad
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty Re: Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim.

Post  misty02 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 am

They're experts in lying. The magistrates told me my fate depended on who they decided was telling the truth so of course we know whose side they took. Now I have a criminal record and I live in fear of someone finding out about this.
One thing is for sure, I have no faith in British justice and now a deep distrust of the police.
A friend told me recently that someone she knows was planning to adopt a dog from the rspca. They were then told that particular dog was subject to a prosecution so could 'foster' it but was assured that no matter what the outcome of the trial was they never give the dogs back to their rightful owner

misty02

Back to top Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty Couple Forced to Flee UK

Post  Trilby Bee Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:56 am

Everyone on this Forum, I think, has evidence of their lying and devious behaviour, Misty; but what you say about the magistrates is also very true. In my case, they said I had to see a probation officer as they needed 'more information about my circumstances'. They would not say why, but i think it is highly unusual. My solicitor (useless sod as he was) was gobsmacked. The extra appearance in court cost another £500 which I am still in the process of trying to recoup. Their most recent reply to my demand to repay the last day's costs was  'a pre-sentence report was required to assist them in giving me a suitable sentence'. They waffled and b***-shitted on that the court could not interfere. But the point I was making was that it was not MY request to see a prob. officer (I was on Legal Aid and did not want any extra expense) , I was not saying I want a fair sentence, it was the magistrates so as far as I care they should foot the bill. In the event, no-one could believe what a severe sentence I got...plus they wanted me TAGGED. Way over the top. PO actually told me 'You have got the worst magistrates we have at court...they will want you to wear a tag'. Would I agree to it? I said no, to which she replied, in that case I would most likely get a 12-week custodial sentence. lol! But as you say, it is the silly magistrates who decide what you get, regardless of the severity of the offence. The nutter who lobbed his dog off a pier was praised for being a kind and loving owner. I rather think that my extra visit was a) to keep the probation officer in gainful employment, and b) to line the pockets of the RSPCA solicitors. I have also wondered if brown envelopes  change hands. Another was a guy who threw his partner's Yorkie against the wall, not even prosecuted as they weren't sure that it suffered? It died, by the way. But a horse with lice is worse than a Yorkie splattered against the wall, yep so it is.
On the last day, the solicitor who was meant to get there at 9 for a hearing at 10 actually turned up at 2.30 and he knew nothing of my case...no folder of notes, nothing, didn't even know what I was being charged with. He had obviously had a few bits emailed to his mobile. So he stood up in court reading notes from his mobile, looking like a complete and utter pillock and obvious to everyone that he had no involvement with the case...kept faltering over the words. The magistrates were on the point of cancelling when he eventually showed up. That would have been another 500 for the next appearance!!
And the courts themselves are very devious. I wrote several times about the money I was charged to see the PO, every time I got a different reply from a different court...all over the country, passing the buck, trying to fob me off.
My car was written off two days after my first appearance when I suggested to the magistrates that the bitch from the RSPCA had lied on her statement  - proof of which I still have -  the police said I was being intimidated by someone with whom I was 'in dispute'. They told me to be very careful. For this reason, when I went to court, my solicitor advised the magistates that my address was not to be publicised (for my protection). Needless to say, World Horse Welfare, whose rep was paid to be in court each time and listen to what was going on, and was well aware that my name and address should  be withheld, issued a press release to all the horse publications in the country, as well as on WHW website giving out all my details including the address of my front door. If I google my own name, it's all there for the whole world to see. Their actions were clearly in contempt of court and as such, someone could get a custodial sentence, and indeed should. I have written to the court several times and they say they are unaware of any such ruling. Lies and more lies. Sure they tape record proceedings, will ask them to dig out the tape, but no doubt they only keep it for 6 weeks or the like. Or they will lie and say it has been damaged. They are all in cahoots together and I keep writing just for the satisfaction of winding them up. And every time they reply it's from a different part of the country...weird.
Does anyone know which authority I use to complain about the magistrates as opposed to complaining about the actual court. Complaining about the court is and EX343 form which I have used, but I want to complain about the magistrates who are independent of the court.. CAB were a bit vague. And the fact is, magistrates have NO legal training whatsoever, they are just people with too much time and money who sit there and gloat over peoples' misfortunes IMO.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty More details....

Post  millie1* Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 am

I think but am not sure - some of these animals were destroyed as part of the Section 20.

If anyone gets a section 20 application by the RSPCA before their trial they must issue a rebuttal claim also under Section 20. Otherwise RSPCA have free rein to do what they want
millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim. Empty Re: Couple forced to flee UK after false RSPCA claim.

Post  Candcane Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

That's useful Millie1. I fear I may need to fight against a section 20 from them, but will see. The Inspector kept whispering to the Solicitor and I know that the word section 20 was used, but couldn't hear it all.

I wish there was someway to advertise all these lies and underhand goings on! No one seems to want to challenge the RSPCA or indeed the Justice System.

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:21 pm

I so agree about the magistrates. A friend attended my persecution and observed one of the magistrates smiling and winking at their vet (who could barely string a sentence together). Needless to say I knew then I was a lost cause

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Details on how to complain about a magistrate are on here.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

misty02 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Details on how to complain about a magistrate are on here.
That`s a useful one to keep in the diary. Thanks for posting it.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down