RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperate To Help And Not Allowed To!

Go down

Desperate To Help And Not Allowed To! Empty Desperate To Help And Not Allowed To!

Post  Trilby Bee Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:47 pm

There were dreadful pictures of this poor cat, RSPCA would not let her take him away. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sally Lane shared her first post.
New member · 22 hrs
UPDATE. RIP ZOLO. Celia Hammond and her team did their very best but sadly he passed away today. 😥

This is Zolo the cat. I reported his condition to the RSPCA over a year ago and was told and I quote, "We will not investigate because the owner is an old lady so we will not get a prosecution out of it"!

The cats condition got worse so I reported it again on 2nd July 2019 sending photos and videos of the state the cat was in. An officer attended on 14th July and I offered him access to the house. He refused to enter so I brought the cat out to show him. He told me there was nothing he could do so I took the cat and said I would get it treated since he refused. He then threatened me with arrest and prosecution for theft of the cat, even though the owner had given me verbal consent. I asked if, under the circumstances the RSPCA would help the old lady with vet bills as she was very sick in bed and relying on carers to look after her and her cat (they clearly weren't as you can see in the photos).

I am disgusted and disappointed that this so-called charity refused to help a cat in such a terrible condition. Sorry, the photos are upsetting but you will be happy to learn that the lovely Celia Hammond is now treating the cat for a longstanding thyroid, heart and kidney condition, infection to both eyes and severe starvation and dehydration. The cat weighed just under 2kg and had to have all his fur shaved off as it was matted so badly it was tearing his skin!

I then posted pics and videos of the cat on a post the RSPCA put on facebook advertising for officers and I got a reply saying he looked awful and asking for the adress of the owner!! I am gobsmacked that the RSPCA thought it was ok to leave this poor baby in that house in that state where he was clearly being neglected through no fault of the elderly owner.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down