RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013

2 posters

Go down

link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013 Empty link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013

Post  millie1* Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 am

Here is the link to the full debate in House of Commons in Jan 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Worth a read - especially end bit by Attorney General, please try to exclude the hunting issue that crept in and swung a lot of debate which should never have happened. The Hunting Act is not the Animal Welfare Act and in many cases the Police/CPS will take Hunting Act breaches .
millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013 Empty Re: link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013

Post  Admin Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:04 pm

A good read that be it a loooong one! Thanks for the link Millie.
The point i find of most interest is that the police have to go through the CPS to prosecute someone but the RSPCA doesn`t, though the SSPCA has to go through the PF.
I`ll definately read through it again .. If the honourable gentleman will give way. Smile
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013 Empty Long read!

Post  millie1* Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:45 am

Yes the Honorable gentleman will give way as you asked so nicely!!!!

Just goes to show the amount of time wasted in Parliament.

I am petitioning my MP regards forcing the RSPCA to have all cases reviewed by the CPS before continuing with prosecutions (which is as I understand how the Scottish system works - I could be wrong) All members of this site really could do the same. There are so many other angles to consider - I used costs (always gets their attention!) - costs of mags trial, then appeal crown trial (of which defendants win about 55% - which to me means 55 % should never have gone to Mags in the first place) on over 2000 prosecutions per year that made several million even on a conservative estimate of wasted costs - not to mention the costs to the NHS on defendants health, mental and physical plus the police costs, plus the costs of boarding and 'treating' the animals taken, plus the now publicised link to at least 5 suicides. He is taking notice of me - could others please do the same - costs to hve say 3 extra CPS reviewers would be under 500K even if you paid them a fortune each! - and there is already a team doing the hunting act etc - but not Animal Welfare!

Happy reading!!!
millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013 Empty Re: link to Parilamentary debate Jan 2013

Post  Admin Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me!!
Now ... who is my MP? scratch scratch scratch
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down