RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The punishment continues

3 posters

Go down

The punishment continues Empty The punishment continues

Post  misty02 Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 am

I've just been online to get a quote on insuring my new car.  One comparison site could only give me 4 quotes, one of which is over £9,000!!!  Every other company says they are unable to give a quote due to my 'non motoring convictions'.
I give up Evil or Very Mad 

misty02

Back to top Go down

The punishment continues Empty Non-Motoring Convictions

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 am

Misty, good morning...is it any wonder you never sleep...you seem to be online at all times of the night...I'm not surprised to be honest, they ruin your life. £9000 to insure your car? Unable to get a quote? You know sometimes it does not pay to be honest and that's a fact. This is just the insurance companies being greedy shysters. How on earth can your R$PCA nightmare have any effect on your ability to drive?
However, I do not doubt you for a second. My son, two years ago, was made redundant thro' no fault of his; the whole department was dumped. Financially he was originally OK as he had been in the same job since he left university (apart from signing on for the first three months) and was well paid, hence a really good pay-off. When he came to insuring his car, he decided to 'shop around' to see what he could save as he was unemployed. Believe this or not, Misty, bearing in mind he was not working, hence would NOT be using the car as much since he would be trying to economise on petrol ... you got it. They all quoted him double what he had been paying before. So his monthly car insurance was the equivalent of two weeks' Jobseeker's Allowance!!

I told a couple of people and they poo-poohed the information implying that Daniel was thick and had misunderstood (he has a Law degree) what he had been told. Eventually he got someone to explain WHY if you are using your car less you pay more insurance. Apparently this is because as you have no proper income you are more likely to default on your monthly payments to them so they charge you double just in case! Yes...just in case!! Now my son is very honest, I think I am less so. I suggested to him that he should say he was self-employed and writing a book...not using car for work as writing from home etc. I would not hesitate to say that...and I am sure God would forgive me; but he is, as I say, the honest one in the family. He eventually got a job in Wiltshire which entailed driving a couple of hundreds of miles a week as he did a weekly commute. His insurance halved. There are still people who do not believe me. I suppose when it happens to them they will find out!!
Really sorry to hear that Misty; what a ridiculous state of affairs. It's not as tho' you were convicted of being the getaway driver in a bank raid.Evil or Very Mad
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

The punishment continues Empty Re: The punishment continues

Post  misty02 Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Trilby Bee, yes I don't sleep much any more. When I'm not working have to be doing something to keep my mind occupied.
Re car insurance, I really don't see how having a criminal record can make you a bad driver but suppose it's just another excuse to get more money out of you. I do believe you that your insurance is higher if you're unemployed, the way everything works in this poxy country doesn't surprise me one little bit.
Look on the moneysavingexpert website, they have an article on there about car insurance and it mentions it on there. Also gives you advice on 'tweaking' your job title in order to get a lower quote.
I so agree with you about honesty not paying, if it did I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:01 pm

I might be acting thick here .. so let me get this straight.
You were convicted by the RSPCA and now your premium is £9000 for your car insurance??  scratch
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Well, I've never been quoted this much before, that was the highest quote, the lowest was around £780. On one site I wasn't asked about convictions, the lowest on that was £255. So, what more can I say?

misty02

Back to top Go down

The punishment continues Empty Insurance Quote

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 pm

I think they think of a sum and treble it. If you tell them that you use your car to go to work, the cost  goes up. On the other hand if, like my foolishly honest son did, you say you are temporarily unemployed, it goes up to double. When some guy ran into the back of me, MY insurance company asked me what the purpose of my trip was. As if it mattered? I was tempted to say I was robbing a bank. I remember some years ago answering questions over the phone and she asked if I was married. I said no I was divorced, did it make it more expensive and she said yes. She could not tell me why. It is ridiculous...I know several people who deliberately claim for more than they have actually lost, they seem to get away with it. And they are the ones who put up the costs for everyone else. I insured with Churchill years ago and I don't recall being asked about non-motoring offences...only speeding points and the like. I know when I got speeding points I rang and told them and they made a note but did not charge me any more. But sure if I'd not told them and then I'd had an accident which was my fault and they had found out, then there would have been problems. Tell them the minimum. Obviously if you were convicted of drunk driving you'd have to admit...God knows what your premium would be then. What about house insurance...I wonder if that goes up too? Shocked
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Have just renewed house insurance and not much difference in that.
Will just have to keep looking, try to modify what I can and see what I can get.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down