RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUESTS READING TOPICS

5 posters

Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty GUESTS READING TOPICS

Post  Candcane Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Admin

Just to let you know that whilst I've been online seven guests have appeared, but no registered users. My post before this one has been read by two people. It's being watched!

Candcane

Back to top Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty Re: GUESTS READING TOPICS

Post  Admin Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm

I had this one out with Forumotion, they say that `guests` can`t see anything.
The forum is set so you have to log in to see anything so none of us can understand who these guests are.
I will take it up again with Forumotion as our privacy is paramount.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Very strange as the Urgent post has had two guests read it and my post about guests had one guest read it.

I know about Googlebots, but they normally show as bots on the bottom of the page.

Candcane

Back to top Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty Guests snooping

Post  Trilby Bee Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 am

I got a friend of mine, a non-member, to try some time ago and she could not see anything. Will ask her to have another go, I know Admin checked this out and the guests stopped. There are none as I write now. Mad 
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty Guests reading posts

Post  Trilby Bee Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:19 am

Have tried myself to see the posts as a non-member but cannot get past the home page...to read anything of interest I'm having to log in. When I'm logged in I no longer see the guests that I used to see a couple of months back...occasionally I see a bot. Have had a shifty at the Admin Panel but it looks OK.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:54 pm

It's very strange! I think it's important to know that a phone call was made today which threw the cat amongst the pigeons regarding Millie1. We cannot be sure where the person who made the call got the info from and as you can imagine, the knowledge was only with very few people.

Can you guys with Admin rights check out the list of users who log on, but do not post etc. I am worried that there could be a spy in the camp.
If it helps, I run two large forums and am always willing to take on an Admin role to help out........but not to put any noses out of joint  Very Happy 

Mille1 can look at the Admin panel, but has no access at this time.

Candcane

Back to top Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty non members.

Post  moonstone Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

I am not surpised as you probably have already guessed rspca are prone to spying on forum's like this one Evil or Very Mad another anti rspca forum that i am a member of has her website checked daily and rspca had spied on her 13 times in one day..just be careful what details (if any) that you put out as you can never be sure who is looking in Mad 

moonstone

Back to top Go down

GUESTS READING TOPICS Empty Guests reading posts

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 am

I have tried (and asked a couple of friends) to try getting into the forum without being a member and for me it's impossible. I definitely have to log in to get anything. Username and password. This could only mean that we have a member who is up to no good masquerading as a victim. Or?? But only a very small number of members actually use the site regularly. And millie had not been on the site for months so could not have posted anything incriminating about herself. I do not know if millie has pm'd anyone since September, but I and Admin were wondering where she was. As far as I knew, no-one on the site had heard from her, unless it was possibly by phone or letter. Certainly the site showed no activity from her or about her. I understood she had a problem with the internet and simply could not use a PC.

I know there was a time when guests appeared whenever I posted but Admin sorted it and it has not happened to me since. And Forumotion assured Admin that guests were not able to see anything. He checked a couple of times.

The whole thing is very strange and something we need to watch.  Think maybe we have to delete some of the non-posting members who do not contribute anything. Will speak with Admin.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I come on here most times from my mobile which doesn't give details of who is online. Don't recall ever seeing guests on here when I use the laptop but then again can't say I always look to see who is online.
Also have never been able to look at anything on here when not logged in but I'm not the most computer literate so whether someone with more IT knowledge can find a way, who knows?
Will say one of the reasons I post on here is because I feel safe

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down