RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity.

3 posters

Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity.

Post  Admin Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 am

Media Relations Officer (34.4 kb)

Job title: Media Relations Officer (Wales) - bilingual

Location: RSPCA Cymru at either 44, High Street, Welshpool SY21 7JQ or 10 Ty Nant Court, Cardiff CF15 8LW

Salary: Circa £25k per annum, plus benefits.

Closing date for completed applications: 31st January 2014

The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.

This is an exciting role within the external affairs team in RSPCA Cymru to promote the activities and profile of the Society through traditional and new media in Wales. The role is central to the implementation of an effective, focussed national media strategy in Wales to maximise favourable media coverage of the full spectrum of work of RSPCA Cymru. This role assists with the development of the RSPCA Cymru brand including campaign and legislative communications as well as the Society’s social media and website outlets in Wales, focussing on the Welsh language.

The role:

• Act as one of the lead Society spokespersons for all print and broadcast media interviews on the work of RSPCA Cymru (in both English and Welsh)

• Develop the Welsh language media strategy and as such design and develop this aspect of the communications plan for Wales

• Place - via briefings, statements and press releases - key national (Wales) or re-focussed central RSPCA (England and Wales) stories within mainstream Wales national and local media outlets

• Develop, and contribute to, comprehensive databases on key media contacts as well as copies of relevant resources and programmes

• Prepare comprehensive reports containing quantitative and qualitative tracking of media coverage

You will need:

• oral and written Welsh language skills to a high standard

• demonstrable and relevant experience of a media or communications environment, preferably in Wales

• a strong base of media and public relations contacts

• experience of new media as well as strong copy-writing skills

• excellent communication skills and experience of being interviewed by broadcast media

• flexibility and resourcefulness combined with the ability to work and prioritise under pressure.

An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page, or you can email Claire Lawson, Head of External Affairs (Wales) at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quoting reference 652MR. We do not accept CVs.

Please send the completed electronic application form (in Microsoft Word) to the above email address by the closing date of 31st January.

Please note that if invited to interview this will take place on Thursday 13th February.

Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.

The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.

We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.

Charity registered in England and Wales, number 219099
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Shall we all apply??

Post  millie1* Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 pm

I know this is facetious but hey anything to bring a little smile. Just think what we could do from the inside!
millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Re: Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity.

Post  Admin Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

millie1* wrote:I know this is facetious but hey anything to bring a little smile.  Just think what we could do from the inside!
If they catch you they will want to put you to sleep.  lol! 
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Jobs for us all?

Post  Trilby Bee Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:06 am

Millie, I had the same demonic thought!! If  spoke Welsh I would be sorely tempted, but as Admin so rightly says, they'd turn up en masse, seize us, get some expensive and none-too-smart vet to examine us, then remove us to a 'place of safety'. Then they'd shoot us.
Seriously, if I lived closer and spoke Welsh, I would love to go for the interview and write a post about what it was like...anyone here live in Wales? I'm going to look at the form, certainly, false name and all that. They don't give us long to apply do they?

On a more serious note, what exactly is the 'employee assistance programme'? This the one that drives ex-employees to suicide? I  just wondered.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Ref Admin

Post  millie1* Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 am

Quite honestly that would be a blessing right now - saves me doing it myself
millie1*
millie1*

Back to top Go down

Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity. Empty Re: Wanted. A scapegoat to stem the flow of bad publicity.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down