RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Welfare Law in Britain

3 posters

Go down

Animal Welfare Law in Britain Empty Animal Welfare Law in Britain

Post  Candcane Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

If there is one thing I've learnt from Millie1, it's to keep going.

Mille1 told me about a great book called the Loophole Lawyer - what a great read. It's not relevant to Welfare cases, but it really is inspiring and really makes you think outside of the box. I strongly suggest that those currently doing battle with the RSPCA read it.

I also started to listen to the programme which was broadcast last week on Radio four regarding the RSPCA and one of the first things I have done is ordered another book called Animal Welfare in Britain by Mike Radford. I cannot comment on the book at the moment, but I'm hoping it's another piece of material that will help me, especially as the law regarding animals seems so vague!

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Animal Welfare Law in Britain Empty Re: Animal Welfare Law in Britain

Post  Admin Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Candcane, Good to hear you are keeping your chin up. Let us know what you think of the books.
Millie, you`re a star. Thankyou. Very Happy 
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Animal Welfare Law in Britain Empty Animal Welfare Law in Britain

Post  Trilby Bee Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:14 am

Well done, Candcane, stand up to them for as long as it takes, just be sure that you will not get stung ...take care of your financial affairs. As you say, it's all a bit vague and wishy washy...a guy throws his partner's Yorkie against the wall, no charge as they could not prove it suffered. Now unless the vet was a total pillock, I am fairly sure he could prove it was dead. if my vet had to decide whom to charge a) someone who kills a Yorkie or b) someone whose horse has lice which several people have seen the owner given treatment for...I am sure I know which one he would decide was the animal abuser. There seems to be no yardstick to determine the severity of the abuse. I got the same sentence as Jamie Gray's wife who was living at Spindles Farm and did nothing to help the 32 (? I think) horses which died their from neglect. She was a fit and competent adult who should have seen much was wrong and done something to help. She did nothing. His adult daughters got a slap on the wrist. His son ( a partner in the horse trade) got a ten year ban (like me) and was filmed within days loading horses into a lorry at some market. The whole thing is very confusing.
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Animal Welfare Law in Britain Empty Re: Animal Welfare Law in Britain

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down