RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA.

3 posters

Go down

Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA. Empty Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA.

Post  Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm

RSPCA teams with Wishgenie to roll out innovative fundraising initiative

The RSPCA has partnered with fundraising platform Wishgenie to boost its fundraising efforts by allowing supporters to shop online to raise money, without it costing them an extra penny.

Wishgenie has signed up 1000s of leading retailers including M&S, Amazon, Sainsbury’s and Asda, who will donate between 2-5% of commissions to the charity with every online shop. People will just shop online normally and money will be automatically donated with every transaction.

Alice Watkin, digital fundraiser, from the RSPCA said: “RSPCA is always looking for new and innovative ways to allow people to donate money easily and without any hassle. Increasingly, people are choosing to shop online and teaming up with Wishgenie will allow supporters to make a donation when they do their weekly shop. It won’t cost them anything extra as it’s the retailer that makes the donation and they won’t even have to think about it. “

“Like all charities coming out the recession, we have seen our costs increase and donations fall because people simply haven’t seen their financial situations improve. Wishgenie will allow them to donate money and continue to support us without it costing them anything and we hope adding this additional fundraising platform will help us with our fundraising targets.”

David Berney, founder and CEO of Wishgenie said: “We are delighted to be working with the RSPCA and helping it raise money in a sustainable way. Supporters can shop using their phone/tablet or install our app on their computer so that every time they shop with one of our retail partners the RSPCA will receive a donation. For anyone that cares about animals this is one of the easiest ways to show their support to the RSPCA and help it continue its excellent work.”
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA. Empty Just When You Thought You Had Heard It All

Post  Trilby Bee Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm

I find this very worrying and honestly pisses me off...yes, we did discuss something similar last year...I think it was misty at that time who raised the subject. I spend a fortune with Amazon (mainly on cat supplies/food/wormers/flea treatments/litter/scratching posts etc) and I do not want those money grabbing nonces getting a penny of it. How do we find out for sure if we are supporting  the mafia??  Anyone know? I like Amazon, they are reliable, but this is not something I want to be part of. And Wishgenie...they take a cut or what...? Evil or Very Mad 
Still no word about the review results and I have not heard if Smarmy Gavin has been replaced yet as CEO.

Last edited by Trilby Bee on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA. Empty Re: Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA.

Post  Admin Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Trilby Bee wrote:I find this very worrying and honestly pisses me off...yes, we did discuss something similar last year...I think it was misty at that time who raised the subject. I spend a fortune with Amazon (mainly on cat supplies/food/wormers/flea treatments/litter/scratching posts etc and I do not want those money grabbing nonces getting a penny of it. How do we find out for sure if we are supporting  the mafia??  Anyone know? I like Amazon, they are reliable, but this is not something I want to be part of. And Wishgenie...they take a cut or what...? Evil or Very Mad 
Still no word about the review results and I have not heard if Smarmy Gavin has been replaced yet as CEO.
T. I think the only way to find out if a company donates to the RSPCA is to email them ask them out right then you can have the pleasure of telling them to shove it. Very Happy The last I heard Gavin Grant had still not been replaced but I`ll ask the SHG about it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA. Empty Re: Be very careful when you are shopping that you don't inadvertently donate to the R£PCA.

Post  Admin Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:46 pm

T. According to The SHG the post hasn`t been advertised yet.
I wonder who`s doing the string pulling at the moment?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trilby Bee Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 am

It's saving a few quid if he hasn't been replaced I guess...maybe one of us should apply.  Very Happy 
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Trilby Bee wrote:It's saving a few quid if he hasn't been replaced I guess...maybe one of us should apply.  Very Happy 
The money would be very handy.  Very Happy 
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 pm

A while ago I reluctantly went into Pets At Home as nowhere else open. At the checkout I was asked if I would like their loyalty card, so I asked who they donated to, when they said the rspca I said absolutely no way and I will never set foot in one of their stores again  Laughing 
Volkswagen have also recently donated a van to them.

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 am

Some years ago I got an MBNA credit card and deliberately took one which donated to RSPCA, thinking, mistakenly, that I was supporting a worthy cause...needless to say, it was cut up three years ago.  But it strikes me there's nowhere that they don't slither into  like greedy snakes. I have always stocked up on cat requirements via Amazon (free deiivery and all that)...but now I hear that Pets@Home are doing the same and donating to them. Is it just those with a loyalty card who donate or all P@H customers? Do you know, misty? Am honestly dismayed that nearly every retail outlet in the country seems to be on their side. Customers should have a choice... Sad
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down