RSPCA Injustice Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are?

5 posters

Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are?

Post  moonstone Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Some of you may have already seen this article as it's on Facebook but i thought as many of you have had horses stolen that this will let you realise just what hypocrites rspca are:shock:

Horse owner went to her yard and discovered that a huge amount of rubbish had been dumped on her driveway:evil:she decided to sift through it to see if she could find some evidence of who dumped it and was shocked to find amongst the rubbish a piebald colt:roll:she managed to free him and was surprised that he seemed ok apart from a few scratches and cuts so she called out her vet and rspca to report finding the colt and expected them to take him for treatment
They arrived and told her to put the colt back where she had found him (among the rubbish) and leave him there:shock:
she refused so they told her that they would not pay for his vet treatment nor take any responsibilty for him as she had called out her own vet:twisted:but if she abandoned him they would prosecute her:evil:she called him Poppet and after vet checks which revealed that he had liver and kidney problems she kept him:)he improved and she was hopeful but after two weeks he deteriorated and the decision was made to put him down but at least he had a few weeks of care/love/good food:)
Which provees that if an animal has an owner (who can be prosecuted ) rspca will seize them but if it is abandoned then they don't ewant to know as they get no money from strays so are not bothered about them:evil:BLOODY HYPOCRITES:evil:

moonstone

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty Nothing Surprises Me

Post  Trilby Bee Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Reminds me of the pregnant cat found in Baker St., W1...(concerned member of the public...genuine, this time, not a sh*t-stirrer) rang the RSPCA help number and was told to 'put it back where it was found'   ie in the middle of Baker St where she could be run over by a black cab. Very helpful.

A year or two back, a guy moved his two little trotting mares into my yard...ok in the summer when there was plenty grass, but in the winter he more or less disappeared (rather than pay me) just when they needed food and hay. I tried to get thro to him...he would not answer my calls and would not meet me to pay for field or hay I was feeding them. So I eventually called ILPH (now World Horse Welfare) to say that I thought they had been abandoned. I had not seen him for weeks. WHW informed me that, as the leaseholder of the yard, I had 'a duty of care' to feed these two mares and pay for their food/vet treatment/farriery etc. Can you believe it??? I said I was very sorry but had two mares of my own and did not expect anyone to help me pay their bills. And that I did not have the money (or the inclination) to look after two horses I did not own...OK a stray cat moves into the stable yard, we fed it and it's still there, but to ask someone to care for a horse they do not own....

By the way, earlier this week, I received a BEGGING LETTER from L. Gavin Grant. Just in case I had a property I wanted to leave to them in my Will. No idea where he got my address. Smile
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty POPPET

Post  moonstone Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes i can believe that:shock:my neighbour found a pregnant cat and called rspca thinking that they would come and collect her for homing but she was told to put the cat out in the snow and not to let her back inside even though she was about to give birth to her kittens:shock:oh and would she like to give them a donation as they gte no government funding..she was so shocked she told them to bugger off (good for her) she came to me and we took the cat to Celia Hammond who asked my neighbour to write in explaining what had happened as she used to sit on the rspca council until leaving as she didn't like where they were going but she was going to make sure that their HQ heard about this:)

moonstone

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty Re: POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are?

Post  Admin Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Nothing ceases to amaze me .. anymore.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty Begging Letter from L. Gavin Grant (CEO RSPCA)

Post  Trilby Bee Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:11 pm

I thought I might give you more details about the cheek of their approach. Firstly, I do not know where they got my details but I do have my suspicions...one of my cats had a very major op in April, covered by insurance (phew £3500, thank God I had him insured). And I ask myself if this could have been the insurance co who passed on my details (it was not More>than, so am not pointing the finger in their direction) and got 50p for it. I don't know of course so will not suggest who it might have been as, altho a bit slow, they were friendly and helpful and paid up. As the op was so costly, they had to check this that and the other but it's settled now (still cost me a few hundred but the cat is still alive, still fit and young...so fingers crossed). One of my cats last year had massively expensive treatment with a different insurance co and the same thing happened.

Please tick as appropriate:
1) I have included RSPCA in my Will. ROFL.
What is the nature of the gift you have left to the RSPCA?
a) a share of the value of my estate (residuary gift). LMAO.
b) a fixed amount of money (pecuniary gift). FOFFL.
c) an object of value (specific gift)
But now for the best, the one which will have you rolling in the aisles, clutching your sides and wetting yourself laughing!!
d) I HAVE APPOINTED THE RSPCA AS MY EXECUTOR!!!! 
At this point I had to lie down with a cold compress on my head and open a bottle of very cold Chardonnay. Are these people for real? I do not believe they are!!!

He (L. Gavin Grant) also says that half their donations come from people who leave them cash/property in their Will which is worrying as that is a SERIOUS lot of money...£50million?...then makes an objection to factory farming which I would question as they do not seem to do anything to improve the welfare standards of factory farming and certainly until recently (maybe even now) were endorsing Freedom Foods with its totally questionable welfare  standards. I saw footage of Freedom Foods where live pigs were climbing over the carcasses of their long-dead maggot-ridden stye-mates and hens/chickens/ducks unable to walk but using their wings to try to get to food or water. It was sickening...but RSPCA got money as their logo was on the final product. Would you touch it with a barge-pole? I certainly would not.

I have to say, I took one look at this begging letter and said aloud: 'F**k you, you b*****d... I don't believe you',  and put it in the shredder after noting its points for this Forum..
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  moonstone Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 pm

LOL:lol:you have got to laugh at their cheek havn't you:oops:but it's no surprise:shock:the neighbour who found the pregnent cat had enquired about the "home for life!scheme as she had an old cat that she was worried about leaving if anything happen to her (this was before the pregnant cat episode)yes they would "try" to find a new home for her old cat but only if she was to leave them her house in her will..the reality was that her cat would have been kiiled the moment that they were given it and they would not have even tried to home him:evil:

moonstone

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty Re: POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are?

Post  misty02 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 am

Well. The day I received the summons from them I also got one if their begging letters. You couldn't make it up!!
Should have returned the freepost envelope though just to make them pay the postage but it wouldn't make much of a dent in their finances :-\

misty02

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty RSPCA Begging Letters

Post  Trilby Bee Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:39 pm

No Misty, you could NOT make it up, not even in your scariest nightmare, a summons and a begging letter together! Shock horror!What a Face Can you imagine them also saying, oh, by the way, would you like us to act as Executors of your will. Oh, yes please, Mr Grant, I trust you so much: he describes his position as his 'dream job'...with his salary it's no wonder.
But your reminder about the prepaid envelope (I still have it!)  has given me an idea as wicked and shameless as it is clever !!!! Yes, it is ingenious. I will fill it with nuts/bolts/nails/screws/ etc...in fact I DO remember there are a couple of rusty old hinges at the yard which weigh a bit and when it gets to weigh about  a kilogram, I will stagger to the postbox with it and lob it inside. In fact I could photocopy it first and run off about 100. Anyone requiring one need only ask!!lol!
Trilby Bee
Trilby Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Bloody brilliant Trilbybee!

I wouldn't mind a copy.  Just dreaming about the things I could fill it with!

Mind you, I don't think you need one of the pre paid envelopes.  Isn't it the case that if you post something to an address and then don't put a stamp on then they have to pay the charges?

Candcane

Back to top Go down

Post  misty02 Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Yes plus, I believe a £1 charge. Would sending A4 envelope add to the cost? :-)

misty02

Back to top Go down

Post  Candcane Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Maybe we should raise some revenue for Royal Mail Very Happy

I'm not sure if the size of the envelope takes the charge up.

Candcane

Back to top Go down

POPPET! or what hypocrites rspca are? Empty POPPET!

Post  moonstone Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Fantatsic idea:Dcan you imagine their faces when huge bulging envelopes arrive filled with washers/nuts & bolts:lol:

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Sorry to p**s on the bonfire but i don`t think it will work.
The cost of the `parcel` will be a whole lot more than a first class envelope.
I would imagine that someone will smell a rat when Mr Postman rolls up to their office and asks for £XX as the freepost envelope won`t cover the cost. Think about it, if someone sent you an envelope with a first class stamp on it, (no return address on the back) and your postman asked for  £6 or £8 to cover the cost would you pay it?
I would love to see it work though.
You would probably be better off just sending the empty envelopes, no one will suspect them and you will still be costing them.
Admin
Admin

https://antirspca.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  moonstone Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 pm

While i m sure we would all love for this to work with hindsight i am sure no one really intended to do this:lol:sometimes you need to inject some humour into life otherwise you would not cope:shock:i have to admit that when i come across one of rspca's pathetic begging dog statues asking for you to put your hard earned money into the slot for them i have the urge to stick a large note through telling them exactly what i think of them and how they could "try" to improve their patehtic organisation ohh and would they mind shoving a LARGE spikey object up their rear ends:lol:

moonstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down